File Error in Dungeon Siege
Wizard
2004-01-25 02:08:11 UTC
I just installed Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna which
comes with the original game also. All seemed to go well
until I tried to start the program. It says that the
file 'objects.dsres' is corrupted, and that I should
repair it or reinstall it. How is this resolved?
Jimmy S.
2004-01-29 13:34:57 UTC
Hi Wizard,

To resolve that error, reinstall the game after following these steps.

1. To see if it's a software conflict: Temporarily disable Startup
programs one at a time, starting with Firewall, Antivirus, and ad
blockers using: http://new.jtsoft2001.com/windows/startup.php

You can lookup what a program does before you disable it here:
http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php

2. Run a virus scan at: http://housecall.antivirus.com Afterwards
Download & Run Spybot from: http://security.kolla.de to find any
Trojans, Adware, or Spyware which could clog up your system.

3. Click My Computer / Rightclick the Drive & Choose Properties
/ Run the "Disk Cleanup..." / Next Click the "Tools" Tab and run
the "Error-Checking" and "Defragmentation" utilities.

4. Go to the Windows Update site for everything under Critical and
Recommended: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com Some games
require a patch: http://www.avault.com/pcrl/patches_list.asp?letter=a
--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User